Calculate GST with this simple Jersian GST calculator. It can be used as well as reverse Goods and Services calculator. It is easy to calculate GST inclusive and exclusive prices.
What is GST rate in Jersey?
Jersian Goods and Services tax history
In Jersey the goods and services tax (GST) was introduced on May 9, 2008.
GST exemptions in Jersey
Some activities are exempt from GST in Jersey.
Examples of exempt supplies of goods and services:
- Financial services
- Postal services
- Medical and paramedical supplies
- Supplies by charities
- Child care (supplied in registered day care accommodation under the Day Care of Children (Jersey) Law 2002)
- Burial and cremation
How to calculate Jersian GST manually
- To calculate Jersian GST at 5% rate is very easy: just multiple your GST exclusive amount by 0.05.
$150 is GST exclusive value
$150 * 0.05 = $7.5 GST amount
- To get GST inclusive amount multiply GST exclusive value by 1.05
$40 is GST exclusive value
$40 * 1.05 = $4.2 GST inclusive amount
- To get GST part of GST inclusive amount you need divide GST inclusive amount by 105 and multiply by 5
$42 is GST inclusive value
($42 / 105) * 5 = $2 GST value
- To get GST exclusive amount while knowing GST inclusive value you need to multiply GST inclusive price by 100 ant then divide result by 105
$63 is GST inclusive value
$6300/ 105 = $60